Monday, April 10, 2006

Mason Mayci



A few weeks ago I found a new boulongerie in Kings Heath: Mason Mayci. The exterior of the shop is simply painted in cream gloss and there are tempting jars of cookies in the window. But once inside there is a cabinet full of tiny patisseries! My first visit was while I was waiting for the finishing touches to be put to my new bicycle but on Saturday I went back to buy a few cakies to take home. So I ended up with the selection above. All of which were devine - a caramel mousse on a rich dark cakey base, a coffee cream enrobed in chocolate on a crisp pastry case, a beautifully smooth custard studded with tart raspberries and a wonderfully balanced lemon tart! Magnificent and all four for only £2!!!!!! What a bargin! The shop seems to be run by a real Frenchman, unless he can put on an extremely good accent over many days!! Judging by the busy interior this place has already become a success - long may it stay that way!

2 comments:

Zabeena said...

Miam, miam! As they apparently say in France...
Must find that place! Only £2! You must be joking!
Glad you've got a new bike. Loved that tree picture, too.

Daffy said...

Hi,
I’d like to seek your help in my dissertation research and would really appreciate it if you would agree to this. It only involves either an online interview or filling in a survey.

If you could give me your email address (either by replying to this comment or emailing me at amoebamoron@gmail.com), we can liaise from there. Thank you very much!

Daffy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...