Thursday, March 01, 2012

Alternative periodic tables

This morning I unloaded the kiln and then swiftly refilled it with a second batch of atoms for the final glaze firing. So I got thinking about how I might align them - the obvious way of course will be to represent the periodic table with which we are all familiar. But there must be alternatives - and boy there are - many more than I expected! The internet database of periodic tables is an amazing resource and I think its going to take me some time to have a look through and choose (by what criteria I don't know) some to make. There are many I like but this ElemenTree looks like you could use it as a cake stand, which is amusing me this morning!

1 comment:

laughing magpie said...

O, yes, that would be clever - a cake stand periodic table!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...