Monday, May 23, 2005

Rush hour blues


rush hour blues Posted by Hello
On Friday night I found myself, and Dan, over at the Symphony Hall once more for the rush hour blues, though I am not so sure why its called blues as its commuter jazz.... Anyway, Quintet Singh were playing and it was quite a treat. They played in the phrygian mode on guitar, sitar, tabla, percussion and flute. I haven't as yet found more about them but I'll update as and when. Post concert we wondered around Cornwall Street admiring the buildings and then pottered on to St. Paul's in Hockley. We perused many menus but settled on Locanta - a spread of mediteranean fair. The meze were delicious as was my aubergine and hellimi conncotion in pepper and tomato sauce. We were entertained by a guitarist - I had heard him before in Pasta di Piazza in Acocks Green - he had the whole restaurant singing along again!

After a Eurovision interlude at Liz and Ethan's on Saturday night (we wanted Moldova to win) I met up with Sally, Catherine, Martin, Vicki W, Rob and Nick to see the latest in the Star Wars movies. A fine film but I am sure to forget the plot like I did with the others very quickly. Dan met us afterwards and we all headed up to Heweli in Bearwood for curry, the paneer masala was 'finger-lickingly good', as was the newly renovated interior of the restaurant.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...