Inspired by my Holmegaard decanter, which came with instructions for amateur spirit makers, I decided to make some elderflower gin. The tree at the bottom of the garden didn't yield enough inflorescences so I took Toulouse down the canal and collected about 250ml of flower heads. This is a bit of a vague measurement but its as many as I could squeeze into a 250ml Tupperware pot! At home I debugged and then put them into a 1 litre Kilner jar with 700ml gin. As recommended by the booklet I left them infusing for three days and then strained through muslin. It was rather a pretty green colour to start with but by the end of the three days it had mellowed into a rich yellow. Its quite dry and tasty too, if you like elderflower cordial it'll be right up your street.