Friday, February 09, 2007

Blog Party #19: Comfort food


Stephanie over at Dispensing Happiness is hosting the next blog party for comfort food. For me I like hot-out of the oven-wholesome foods that act like a big duvet, so for my comfort food on a stick (so to say) I have made roasted carrots and jacket wedges. And they're really easy to make just cut up carrots into 3/4inch rings and potatoes into wedges (about 8 per potato though it depends on how big your spuds are - mine usually fit comfortably in my hand). Put them into a roast pan with a little olive oil and some herbs (rosemary, thyme....whatever you like) and then roast for 45min at 180°C until the vegies are soft and caramelizing round the edges (yes, thats the posh way of saying burning a bit). If you want a dip mayonaise is really great but I also drop 4 or 5 cloves of garlic still in their skins into the roasting pan and then squeeze out the garlic flesh and mash it with the mayo. And to drink? A nice glass of port, also warming and goes really well with the mellow garlic flavours. I actually made a whole batchfull of these little delights for dinner and felt great curled up on my sofa, as the snow drifted down, dunking and sipping!!

1 comment:

Ian said...

Mmmmm.... roasted potatoes and carrots. My mum used to make something similar with some boiled egg thrown in for good measure.
Cheers! :-{>

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...