Sunday, January 09, 2011


Whilst we were away, I found some Seville oranges in Wilton. So I thought I would knock up some marmalade - very simple: I put the oranges (about 7 I think) into a casserole dish, covered them in water and baked them for a couple of hours. Then I cut them in half and scooped out the insides and threw that back into the cooking liquid. I brought that to the boil and boiled for 5mins. Then I sliced a few of the oranges thinly, I like not too much peel. I strained off the bits out of the cooking liquid and returned the liquid to the pan. I added sugar (500g to 750ml liquid) and the sliced peel, brought it to the boil and waitied til it 'jammed' (about 118C). Then all that remained was to put it in sterilised jars! Yummy!

1 comment:

laughing geo said...

oh i like the labels!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...