Friday, July 29, 2005

Raspberry and Rose jelly IMBB-17

tea Posted by Picasa


I was really excited when I read that this months IMBB, hosted by Clement of A la Cuisine, was to be on tea. What great scope for inventive cooking!! I can't say that I am a great fan of bog-standard tea with milk, but I do enjoy the slightly more tasty blends and simply love herbal infusions. I have a fabulous book called 'The book of herbal teas' by Sara Perry which not only has suggestions for making your own herbal blends but also has beautiful photographs to entice you into a little creation. With the garden still being very young and the plants being a little small for regular culinary use I do still use shop bought tea bags - there is such a huge range these days: from chocolate to camomile! Twinings have a great range and add limited editions every so often. A few years ago it was Rhubarb - very fine but sadly its not been repeated. This year it is Wild Raspberry with a hint of Rose, which I have been enjoying very much. So I thought I would create a refreshing jelly!

raspberry and rose jelly Posted by Picasa


Raspberry and Rose Jelly

I took 200ml apple juice and heated it with two Raspberry and Rose teabags until just boiling. Then turned off the heat and left them to infuse for about ten min. I added 2 tablespoons of rose water, as I felt there wasn't enough rose falvour coming through. Then I mixed 1/2 teaspoon of Vege-gel (a vegeterian gelatin substitue) with some cold water and added it to the still warm infusate. It started to set almost immediately so I quickly poured it into two dariol molds and popped in several rasperries and then put them in the fridge to set and cool. They turned out very easily and really were very refreshing!

4 comments:

boo_licious said...

Great dessert. I love jelly and combining it with tea is a fantastic idea.

Ana said...

What a great idea laughing snail. I love gelatine (vegetable or otherwise) and I'm always looking for new recipes. Thanks for posting.

ac said...

ooo...tea + gelatin + fruits...mmmm. a healthy choice for dessert. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Mel!

*fanny* said...

This looks great. I love jelly and raspberries so i must love love love it...

xoxo

Fanny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...