Saturday, August 06, 2005

Oyster mushroom and redcurrant spaghetti

oyster mushroom and redcurrant spaghetti Posted by Picasa


This was inspired by something Mum cooked for Christmas several years ago. In that recipe the tang was supplied by cranberries but as its summer I thought redcurrants would do the job!

Ingredients:
75g spaghetti
75g oyster mushrooms, sliced
75g boursin cheese
75g redcurrants
2 spring onion, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil

I cooked the pasta until al dente. Meanwhile I sauteed the spring onions in the olive oil for 2min before adding the mushrooms. I let these brown for about 5min and then melted in the cheese. To make a fluid sauce I added a little of the pasta cooking liquid and then threw in the redcurrants. Finally I stirred in the cooked (and drained) pasta and gave the dish a twist of black pepper.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...