Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Snowball ware


















I was checking out Kate Malone's creations the other day and came across her interpretation of 18th centuary Meissen snowball ware. Having a few flower icing decoration cutters I thought I'd have a go at making a little decoration/wreath. So here it is as I have finished applying the last flower, its off for bisque firing now - I hope all the flowers reamin attached!

The second picture on this blog article shows an amazing original snowball ware vase! It was on exhibition at the Gardiner Museum of Ceramics in Toronto - which is worth a visit if you're in the area.

2 comments:

The undomesticated scientist said...

Its beautiful! Hope it survives. yo planning on some of those for the fair?

laughing magpie said...

What an amazing creation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...