Monday, December 19, 2005

A surfeit of food bloggers


On Saturday for the first time I met a host of fellow food bloggers! My day started fairly early picking up Sabine of A Lot on My Plate, as it turns out she lives just around the corner from me! What a coincidence! We travelled down to London, via Wampe's, to visit Johanna the passionate cook. We were joined by Jeanne, Jenni, Celia, Joanna and Martina for a fabulous afternoon of chatter and food - what else!! Johanna got us warmed up with sausages & sauerkraut and then a cheese fondue - all exceedingly delicious. So much so that I forgot that I was having dinner with Mum and Dad and some how had to find room for an equally delicious duck and fig noodly number when I got home!

Above is my little contribution to the afternoon - we all made cookies (and of many varieties). Mine were adapted again from an Ocean Spray recipe - substituting dried blueberries for dried cranberries in a shortbread recipe. Next time I'll try the cranberries as the bluberries tasted rather like raisins and didn't turn the dough a lovely purple colour as I had anticipated.

2 comments:

Zabeena said...

I cannot believe you ate duck after all that food we had at Johanna's!!
Thanks again for giving me a lift - I would never have found it as well as you!

Joanna said...

Yup, I'm amazed, too! On the other hand, I went home and ate more biscuits! Great to meet you, and I loved your biscuits - tasted good, looked good.

Happy Christmas
Joanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...