Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Birmingham's Best kept autumnal secret

highbury park Posted by Picasa


Being 'lady of leisure' I got to do something yesterday that I have been planning to do for a little while - I went to see the autumn crocus at Highbury Park. I used to cycle through the park everyday and so could keep an eye on the flowering of the crocus up at the Yew Tree Road entrance, but since I moved my cycle route has changed. So it was with baited breath that I walked through the park from Kings Heath High Street. And I wasn't disappointed - the carpet of purple flowers was spectacular. I would highly recommend a visit for anyone in the vicinity. Another great thing happened yesterday - I have graduated from being a novice at the climbing wall! No excuses now for dropping J!

3 comments:

Zabeena said...

Hmm, certainly kept secret from me... I've lived here for nearly 17 years, and I've never been..., I think I'll remedy that on Thursday...
Thank you!!

Cindy said...

Birmingham in England ? I used to live there, well actually lived there for the past 2 years and then moved back to France. I love this city so looking forward to go back there !

Zabeena said...

Hi Cindy,

how nice to come across someone who actually loves Birmingham (I do, too), most people haven't got a good word to say about it - usually they've never even been or it was yonks ago!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...