Friday, January 06, 2006

MEME: Three tips for losing weight

I have been nominated by Sabine to continue Joanna's Meme on losing those extra pounds put on over Christmas. I have to say that I think I was rather lucky as I went to see Mum and Dad over the holiday period and I think that with Mum's excellent cooking I didn't gain as much as I had before leaving Birmingham. My main problem stemmed from starting a new job and using this as an excuse for not cycling to work. What luxury to take the train everyday! But I never cut down on the extras I eat to get me through the day when cycling! So my first tip has to be do more exercise - for me cycling to and from work (about 12 miles in total) keeps off the extra pounds (I am already back at it). Secondly, I suggest drinking more - water and non-caffeinated beverages that is. This isn't too hard for me as I'm not a fan of tea, coffee or fizzy pop. And I can positively rave about the new limited edition of Twinings fruit infusions - Rhubarab and Blackberry, its simply delicious! But as I don't have a desk job I need to make time to sit down and have a cuppa regularly. And lastly, keep happy - make time to see lots of friends and family, and to do many things together - that way there isn't time for eating chocolate on the sofa!!
I nominate Celia and Lilian to continue the Meme.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Such good advice, especially No 3 ... I love the way food bloggers are too sensible to suggest eating onlycabbage for three weeks, or whatever is the latest fad diet!

Best wishes
Joanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...